Thursday, February 8, 2007

What a difference...

the right needles make! I finished the back of the Baby Yoda sweater, but the acrylic yarn on bamboo needles was like pulling nails. I stopped by Let's Knit and got a $2 pair of aluminum coated with something, and it makes a huge difference. Same size, but now the stitches slide instead of having to be pushed and pulled. This should be do-able, I think. My gauge is off, and the sweater back looks long and narrow, but it should be wide enough, so if it's long, it will fit a baby longer, right?

I don't think I'm ready to knit a sweater for myself just yet, with such a casual attitude towards size!

I ordered two new knitting books from amazon. One has basic patterns for a bunch of stuff, and the other is a basic sweater-designing book. Not that I am in need of more patterns! I just need to do one thing at a time.

No comments: