Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Bowl Bag

I started a felted zippered accessory case yesterday in red wool from Patons (Merino) and finished it up and felted it today during the (disappointing) Super Bowl. It turned out wider than I had hoped (Kristen reminded me that things don't shrink much from side to side, but a lot more in length. She is right!) I cast on 50 stitches on size 8 needles; I didn't measure the length before felting, but the finished size is 10 " x 4 1/2". I had pictured something more like 8 x 3 1/2. Well, that's not what I have. The yarn is lovely to work with and the fabric was soft and appealing. It took a while to felt, but it did felt into a nice dense fabric.

But it's cute, if a bit plain (well, it's just red. Solid red, felted.) Maybe I should sew on some cute buttons, or embroider a chain of pink or something. I did stitch the 7" zipper in, and it looks functional and sweet. But plain. I do have more yarn....pink too. Hmmm.

I cast on the back of the Baby Yoda sweater. That may not get done for a while though. Teaching is going to cut into my knitting life! My leisurely interlude is drawing to a close, I fear.

No comments: