Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Happy Mother's Day





Last night Sam took me out for Thai food at Bangkok Sapphires, and I ate myself into a coma. Had to take a nap on the couch, and could barely stand to watch cooking shows for several hours after!

And today, these lovely flowers were awaiting me on the dining room table.

Also, big news on the Saint Anthony front--my lost hand-knit wool socks have been found. It was a case of bad housekeeping. They were wedged at the foot of the bed, which means that I hadn't actually re-made the bed since January. Not the bed I sleep in, I hasten to add, but still. I did look there too, but apparently not hard enough.

I am well on my way with a shawl in the Faroese style called Alberta, designed by Myrna Stahman. The Silky-Wool yarn in a peacock color is quite pleasing to work with, and I have high hopes for this shawl.



Oh, and for once, I found yarn at the Goodwill. There were a dozen or so skeins of various sorts, and I chose 4 skeins of this sportweight 100% wool from Holland.

No comments: