Sunday, May 29, 2011

And a few odds and ends

It turns out that given a three-day weekend by myself to do whatever I want, what I mostly want to do is dorky stuff. Go to Casa Arigato for breakfast. Go to Borders. Knit. Dye yarn. The most exotic thing I did was get a facial. At the cosmetology department at El Camino College. Whee!

Anyhow, here's what's done:


And here's what's newly started:


This is an anonymous pattern from Let's Knit for a clever little shrug that is knit as a rectangle, which is then folded and stitched to make sleeves and a back, and then has stitches picked up around the edge to make a ruffle that becomes the collar and bottom edge. Hard to visualize, but I tried on their sample, and I see that it works.

This will probably be a gift for my Mom, to wear as a sort of bed jacket while she recuperates from her hip surgery in July. And if that doesn't work out (Mom is opinionated, let's just say...) I will keep it for myself. Or something. Anyhow, it's a totally easy and relaxing knit, done in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, which is nice to knit with.

No comments: