Friday, April 24, 2009

Home Alone


So what's a girl to do when she has the house to herself? Well, keep on knitting, for sure. I started this sock before I left for Chicago, sure that I would have enough knitting time on planes and while waiting for Kristen in various places, and I did do some knitting in those circumstances. But somehow I seem to be as slow as molasses on this thing. I am not quite up to the toe decreases on sock #1. But it is a handsome sock, is it not? Patons Kroy stripes in the colorway Burnished Sierra Stripes. I may cast on something else before I do the second sock, however. Maybe more Romance mohair? I am surprised at how much I enjoyed knitting with that. Might be the difference between size 2 needles and size 10.5 or 11.


And of course the other thing to do while home alone is to cook and eat whatever I want! Which in this case was a bottle of Thai yellow curry sauce from Trader Joe's. I cooked several potatoes, poured the sauce over the finished potatoes, added some fresh chicken tenders and some frozen peas and carrots, and had it along side basmati rice. Last night and the night before. Not bad. I also have a bottle of Thai red curry sauce and I am thinking about the fresh skinless duck breasts that they sell at Nijiya....no, not this week. Maybe after Kristen gets home? We shall see.

No comments: