Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Quest for Lace Continues

I thought perhaps I was ready for a real lace pattern, so I printed out the pattern for Branching Out and bought the exact yarn called for, Silky Wool, and confidently cast on. K2tog, yo--no big deal, right? I get this now!

Uh, well--this pattern has k3togs, and pssos and changing numbers of stitches all over the place, and after 90 minutes or so, I got one repeat done and couldn't get the stitch count to come out right, tinked, tried again, and finally frogged. So that one is in a time out.


Instead, I decided to have a go at a really simple "lace" pattern, from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, called Airy Scarf. The original was done in Kid Silk Haze, which looks like sticky cobwebs on the skein, but I recently purchased Kimono Angora by Louisa Harding at Concepts in Yarn, and that seemed like it might work, and sure enough, this I can do! Size 11 needles, with yarn that claims to be DK but is actually fingering weight, very soft, very light, feels like bunnies.




No comments: