Sunday, May 4, 2008

Better?



Well I fumbled my way through picking up stitches and knitting ribbing around the neck edging, and I do think that the cable looks fairly decent with this part done. It no longer looks like it had a bite taken out of it!

However: the size and the shaping of this vest is all wrong. The waist shaping is too extreme, and the whole thing is too big. I am going to set it aside for a while and think about what to do. I am tempted to machine stitch a new side seam before doing the armholes, but I don't know if that would be a disaster. An expert tells me to do it on a serger, but of course I don't have a serger. Maybe I will decide I can live with this size. Maybe if I block it I can stretch it in length and thereby decrease it in width. I don't know. But I'm somewhat happy to have the front looking respectable.

I think I will try knitting some worsted weight lace for a while as a time-out.

No comments: