Friday, May 30, 2008

Branching Out All Right!



Just when I thought that only geniuses could possibly knit real lace, and that I ws born without the necessary genes, I think something finally clicked, and I'm getting the hang of this! It still takes a lot of attention, no autopilot here! And a lot of careful counting after each right-side row. And the occasional bit of tinking (which is a challenge in itself, because how do you undo a stitch in which you have slipped 2, knit 2 together and then passed the slipped stitches over?) And the liberal use of lifelines to avoid having to rip back to the beginning in the event of emergency.

But at the moment, I have 4 repeats done, and I am addicted!

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I just had to frog a whole shawl that I was knitting b/c I went too long w/o working on it and couldn't find my place in the pattern at all. I was up to 450 stiches from 20 :( I learned in that project that a life line is the best thing you can give yourself!!