Saturday, July 14, 2007

The socks are dead, long live the socks.

Ok, I am taking a little break, actually, on the Paprkia socks. They are coming along nicely, but due to the size 0 needles, they are awfully small, even though I added stitches. I can put it on my ankle, but it takes a tug to get it over my heel. So when the new size 2 and 3 needles I ordered from knitpicks come, I will try the other skein of yarn on size 2 and see what I get.

So in the meantime, I have cast on with the forest colorway from fearless fibers. The color is very subtle and evocative, and the yarn is finer than nymph was but not as fine as the Paprika. I'm back to size 3 bamboo and it's working well. And I'm making cables all around the leg! This is my first venture into socks with a pattern other than what's built into the yarn, and until a few minutes ago, my first 25 rounds worked out beautifully. I just forgot to cable on the second half of my last round, so I have to tink back a row at the moment, but overall, I am very happy.

Kristen just set us up with a new wireless router, so I can use my laptop more freely (ie without stealing access from an unknown neighbor.) This will make multitasking easier and should lead to more frequesnt posts. Now if I could only get organized to have her to help me take and upload some pictures of all this knitting....

No comments: