Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am pleased to have all my knitting projects finished and off the needles, giving me a blank slate as I start the new year.

This is the second one of these that I completed in December. Cashmere and silk dyed by Red Fish Dye Works, in the pattern Feather Duster, but I am calling them Gold Dust. (the stitch pattern is based on Ostrich Plumes.) One for me, one for Kristen.


And this small lace scarf has been on the needles since September, for no good reason, since it's quite a simple stitch pattern and not even lace weight yarn but dk alpaca-silk. But it was closer to black before I soaked it, and it was hard to knit after dark. The pattern is called Road Not Taken, and I knit it (and in a road-like color) for that very reason.

So what's next? I swatched for a sweater today, but it's such a commitment to start a sweater and I'm stalling.

No comments: