Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lace


It is official: I totally love knitting lace.

This is my latest little project, which took only 2 weeks to knit, called Ishbel. I bought the yarn on July 3rd and spent a day fiddling with the pattern, and then it was just full-speed ahead.



The yarn is 100% cashmere, for which I paid $40 at Wildfibers in Santa Monica. I love the color, and of course it feels marvelous. $40 seems like a lot to pay for a skein of yarn. But it doesn't seem like too much to pay for something this pretty when I'm done! (I also have quite a bit left. I will stop by the post office and weigh the finished shawl and the remaining skein and see how they compare and figure out something else to knit from it as well.



I like that this design is small and wider than it is long (that's what made the pattern tricky at first--you have to do yarn-overs on both sides, between purl and knit stitches, which doesn't seem hard, but takes a little figuring.)

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Not only is your knitting stunning, but the color with that pattern is AMAZING!! I wish I could pet!

Susi said...

Hola!!!!
Solo puedo decir QUE BELLEZA!!!!!!!!!!
CariƱos Susi