Friday, October 26, 2007

Holey socks!



It took me from mid-July till the end of August to knit the Irish Forest socks. And it is now less than 2 months, and they already have a hole in the bottom! I wore them to work today under my tennis shoes, and when I took them off, I found a hole about half the size of a dime on the ball of one foot. This seems completely unacceptable to me, and rather discouraging. I will try to mend it, but I don't want to spend 6 weeks knitting socks that last only 8 weeks!! I used fearless fiber wool, and it felt kind of weak to me, but I expected it to last a year, at least. I am using the same wool to knit Sam's Christmas gift, but if they don't hold up any better than that, why bother? I used size 3 needles, which is not the tightest gauge, but it is also not exactly loose either. I can't knit socks on size 0 or 1--it will take me forever! Sigh.



1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I sorry to hear that! Maybe it was just a bad batch of the yarn... I have been lucky with all of the socks I have knitted so far, I haven't had to mend anything yet... So I can't really tell ya what happened this time.... :-/