Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pre-Thanks




I am pre-thankful that Kristen is coming home tomorrow.

And I am pre-thankful that the shawl/blanket I have been working on for 3 weeks is off the needles and blocking. I enjoyed every stitch of this blanket, and then at the end, I had a near disaster. I discovered that I was short of yarn, which i totally didn't expect, since I had 1000 yards, so I ended off the pattern and started the bind-off after 18 rounds rather than 25, and after binding off over 400 stitches, I had 30-something stitches left and not another inch of yarn!



Rather than botch the whole thing by undoing hundreds of stitches of bind-off, I decided that only God is perfect and that I could live with a little imperfection. I happened to have a near-match of gray alpaca, so i tied that on and finished the bind off.

Pattern: Brooklyn Tweed's Tweed Baby Blanket.

Yarn: Natural Baby Alpaca bought at the Torrance fiber festival in early November.

Is this a baby blanket? Not necessarily. I don't have a baby anywhere on the horizon. Folded in half, it is a shawl. Opened out, it is a lap blanket.

I can't wait for it to dry so I can try it. Mismatched bind-off be damned!

No comments: